Life is full of change. One moment you’re single and carefree the next you have three kids and a mortgage. Well maybe it wasn’t exactly a moment, but sometimes it feels that way.
About 1% of the population plans their life out perfectly; you know the ones who prepare for each chapter of their life long before they’ve gotten through the introduction. The other 99% of us figure it out as we go. It’s not that we don’t try to plan; it’s just that sometimes the best laid plans don’t work out.
I’ve learned to adapt quickly. A recovering planner I thought I could control every direction and aspect of my life. I learned the hard way that the only thing I could do well was laugh and make the best of my current situation.
Sometimes making the best of a current situation means using what’s on hand to solve a storage dilemma. Remember I started See Jane Work in 2003 when office supplies were ugly, but I still needed to decorate my office. I did it by repurposing items. A vase for a pencil cup, same size shoe boxes covered in fabric and used as storage, and an egg holder for…………
• Your nightstand to hold jewelry that you remove each night
• Small office supplies that can otherwise clutter your desktop
• Beads and other small craft supplies in your workshop
Here is how it looks on the desktop:
Egg holder available at Anthropologie.
Post your unique office storage solution in the comments and you’ll be entered to win a $100 gift certificate from See Jane Work.